Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Well that explains it

Last month I decided that if I didn't get pregnant that we were going to take a break from all of this.  Well that thought didn't last long once I found out things didn't go the way I planned.  I immediately headed over to the lab to have them test my Prolactin again.  I noticed that I started producing breast milk again about a week ago.  I thought it was odd, but my hopeful self thought that maybe it was a sign of pregnancy.

41.  That was my unlucky number.  Dammit, not this again!  I was high, AGAIN.  At least it partly explains why I didn't get pregnant this month.  What keeps making this hormone increase in my system?!  I just don't get it!  I don't have a pituitary tumor, I haven't breast fed for 2 and a half years, why does my body think I need to feed a baby when it is obviously impossible for me to get pregnant?  Stupid, stupid body....  So I guess it's back on Cabergoline for me.  I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to add, yet again, another drug to the regime.

I called my doctor and he must have decided that now is a great time to go on vacation and he doesn't get back until the 29th of April.  Doesn't he know I am in CRISIS here?!  As long as I'm not pregnant, he shouldn't get to go on vacation!  Just kidding, but I was a little ticked when I found out.  I ended up talking with the Nurse Practioner and she agreed that I should restart the Cabergoline.  She also wanted me to try the Clomid again and add injectables for days 7, 9 and 11.  The problem with doing this is that it greatly increases the amount of mature follicles I will produce.  She said that if I produce more than 4 they won't do the IUI because of the multiples risk.  Well seeming as how ovulating doesn't seem to be my issue, why would we triple the amount of eggs I'm producing and risk the possibility of not being able to do the IUI?  Sigh....  I am so frustrated.  I just feel like they keep throwing drugs at me without really offering me an explanation.  I guess it could be the prolactin, but what if it is something else entirely that they haven't figured out?  I just want to know what the hell is wrong with me!

It hasn't helped that everyone on facebook keeps reminding me how ridiculously fertile they all are.  Three of my friends just informed me that they are having their 4th child!  That is 12 children to my one beautiful daughter and my one empty broken uterus.  BIG SIGH.  I truly feel blessed to have my daughter.  She is a true miracle and I am grateful every day that I have her in my life.  If this plan to give her a sibling never pans out, at least I have her and for that I am incredibly lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment