Monday, February 3, 2014

Retrieval Tomorrow!

Friday, January 31st
The fluid went away!  It was completely gone!  It looks like we will be able to proceed with the transfer.  I couldn't be more thrilled and I was so grateful  to have a priesthood blessing the night before.  Miracles do happen every day.
4 Needle Pokes
Saturday, February 1st
Everything was looking good, but my estradiol levels were getting way too high.  My doctor changed my medication dose, but I still had 4 needle pokes. This was the first day that I really started to feel "done".  I was getting so frustrated with all the shots and the discomfort.  I was frustrated with the constant change in my medication dose.  I just wish we could have continuous good news rather than this roller coaster ride that we can't seem to get off of.
Sunday, February 2nd
Sunday turned into another frustrating day.  My ultrasound did not go as well as I had hoped.  Since my meds were dramatically reduced, the follicles stopped growing.  I only had 2 follicles that were decent size.  They typically like to see at least 3.  I was super bummed.  The nurse talked to me for a while about my situation.  Apparently the high level of estradiol and the high follicle counts were both signs of ovarian hyperstimulation.  That is why my doctor reduced my stimulant dose so much.  They really wanted to do one more day of stimulation, but because of my risk for overstimulation, they decided that I should trigger at 10:00 Sunday night.  I am just having faith that Heavenly Father and the doctors will take care of me.  I know that I am working with highly skilled individuals.  I know that they will make the right decisions for me.  I just also pray that I am being watched over, that everything will go as well as it possibly can.  I have been through so much and I just pray that the Lord will bless me.  PS only 2 needle sticks today!  Wahoo!
Monday, February 3rd
Well here we are, caught up to today!  I triggered last night so that we would be able to do our retrieval tomorrow.  I am so nervous, but so excited!  I know everything will work out and we are so close to being finished!  I can't wait.  One thing that happened today is that I got my first positive pregnancy test in 2 years!  It is kind of cruel.  The doctor wanted to ensure that the HCG trigger shot was in my bloodstream so they asked me to take a pregnancy test around noon.  It was bittersweet to see that positive result.  It was good to know that the drug was working, but heartbreaking to know that it wasn't really what the test indicates.  Hopefully I will get to see that positive again soon!  I was trying to find a box with only one pregnancy test. Who knew that such a thing didn't exist?!?  I guess they know most of us women are serial testers. Don't get me wrong, I am totally guilty of test, test, test, but  I didn't want to have an extra test laying around tempting me once we go through with the transfer.  They say that you almost never get a positive urine pregnancy test with IVF initially.  I am just hoping I can hold out until the 2 week blood test.  I don't want to disappoint myself before we actually know for sure.

Well I don't know if anyone even reads this, but if anyone out there is, please pray for us.  Please pray for us that everything will go well, and if it doesn't, please pray that I will get through it.  I need all the extra prayers I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment