Thursday, September 19, 2013

Alternative Medicine-July 19th, 2013

I forgot to post this from July.  So I'm sorry it is out of order.

After this month's disappointment, my husband and I started talking more about IVF and how we were going to pay for it.  I just can't believe how outrageously expensive it is!  There are several different options, but if you want to have a "money back guarantee", you will pay for it!  It's not that I have a hard time justifying the cost because I know the cause is totally worth it.  I just have a hard time justifying it when I have had 3 doctors really give me no reason that I need IVF.  I have a hard time justifying it when I had my daughter with no trouble whatsoever.  I just play the scenario of what if we do the IVF and it doesn't work?  Then what?  I just don't think I am ready to accept that there are no more children in our future.  I also can't help but think, what if we aren't being patient enough?  What if we would have waited just one more month and we wouldn't have needed to go into unnecessary debt.  All these doubts tell me that I am not ready to go down that road yet.  I am looking into other options and keeping IVF as a last possible solution.

One of my good friends had been going through infertility for the past 2 plus years.  Poor thing has had a couple of miscarriages and has just had a really hard time. Well just a few days ago she randomly messages me.  I haven't heard from her in months so it was really interesting timing as I had just started my period the day before.  I know what you are thinking, but I really was happy for her!  It gave me hope knowing what she had been through and she still managed to get pregnant.  Well she tells me that she went to this new doctor and he gave her some drops to put under her tongue.  She says that after the first month of taking the drops, BAM she's pregnant.  This sounds almost too good to be true.  Turns out she is 12 weeks along and doing great.  What the heck was in those drops?!

I decided to go and see the guy that she was seeing and was set up with the drops as well.  Here's to hoping that they work!

No comments:

Post a Comment